Friday, November 16, 2007

Christmas Countdown



We have decided to make a new Hutchins family tradition. We are now going to watch a Christmas movie each weekend a couple of months out so that we can watch as many of the good movies as possible. We will start with movies that are less Christmasie and become more as the weeks go by. Currently the list looks like this:

Definetly watch: The Griswald Family Vacation; The Christmas Carroll, Die Hard I, Nightmare Before Christams, Scrooged, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Elf, Miricle on 34th Street, The Muppets Christmas, The Grinch That Stole Christmas Cartoon, Die Hard II, While You Were Sleeping, The Snowman (Eleanor and I loved this one), and A White Christmas.

Others that we will alternate in:
Die Hard II, The Pollar Express (didn't really love it), Home Alone, and It's A Wonderful Life.

We have already watched many of these movies and I am sure I have left out some good ones. Please make suggestions for movies I have excluded and comment on our list.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see "A Christmas Story" (You'll shoot your eye out!). My family begins Christmas Eve with that one. Also, I like "Sleepless in Seattle" for a Christmas flick.

Mindyb

7:38 PM  
Blogger Eleanor Hutchins said...

Of Course...A Christmas Story (John's favorite). I hadn't thought about that one.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Brice said...

I like Lethal Weapon or Gremlins.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Ian and Sally said...

It's a Wonderful Life is on the second tier?! Definitely one of the best films of all time.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Eleanor Hutchins said...

I like "It's A Wonderful Life" and we will probably watch it every year, but it isn't one of my favorites. I haven't watched it in a few years so I will give it another shot. I had recently thought about Gremlins, but I haven't ever watched Lethal Weapon.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe you can find Home Alone you hid from John Robert after the 1,945 he watched it...


James

9:41 AM  
Blogger AJDoyle said...

'A Muppet Christmas Carol' is a sure fire winner.
Other classics:
'Ground Hog Day'. Just watch the first ten minutes, then forward to the last five. You won't miss anything.
'Planes, Trains and Automobiles'.
If you like raw cheese, 'Serendipity' with John Cushack will please you.
If you like vomit, can I recommend 'Love Actually'? It's such an accurate depiction of England.
Last and by no means least
'The Jesus Film'.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home