Friday, October 05, 2007

The Count Down...



So the due date is October 8th. That means 3 days to go. I am not having any contractions...it seems like even the "fake ones" have stopped. I am 3cm dilated and 70-80% effaced. The baby is in the head down position and the rest of his body is balled up on the right side of my body facing my left side. He has been lopsided for several weeks now. If I lie on my left side it seems like he starts punching and kicking. The midwife told me that she would allow me to choose to induce no sooner than the 15th. Hopefully, it won't come to that.
Eleanor seems to notice things are changing and she has become more needy and demands my attention. When we go for our daily walk she insists on saying my name every 3 seconds. John and I find it difficult to have a conversation. She wants to be carried more, and when she asks it sounds just like she is saying, "I kill you". That is, "I carry you"...she is still working out her grammar.
We plan to post on the blog as soon as we can after the baby is born and we can get internet access. So keep checking in on the blog.
This is a picture of me taken about 2 weeks ago. I haven't changed all that much. The bassinet is in the corner of our bedroom and is where "brother baby" will sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I will be praying for you guys! What and exciting and challenging time in life! Can't wait to hear that he is born.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home