Saturday, December 20, 2008

Movie Quotes

1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies. (No particular order)
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Bold when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search functions.

Part 1:
1.) But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

2.)Okay. But dogs CAN look up!

3.) It's better to help people than garden gnomes.

4.)Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you’re going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.

5) I don't *know*, Margo!

Part 2:

6. They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true. What they don't tell you is that when it starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up.

7. Why would a reviewer make the point of saying someone's *not* a genius? Do you especially think I'm *not* a genius? You didn't even have to think about it, did you?

8. We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?

9. George: Drive carefully. And don't forget to fasten your condom.
Annie: Dad!
George: [shrieks in embarrassment] Seat belt! I meant, I meant seat belt.

10. That's right, Peter, second star to the right and straight on till morning.

11. Gordon: Go on then, run!
Dennis: Isn't there some kind of like... special technique?
Gordon: Well... yeah... you put one leg in front of the other over and over again really really fast.

12. The nameless warrior was executed as an assassin but buried as a hero...But even now when the Chinese speak of their country They call it Our land.

13. Little Girls, Little Girls, everywhere I turn I can see them.

14. don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

15. Am I wearing boxers? For future reference, I usually prefer briefs for their security and peace of mind. Going free-bird is not exactly ideal. I don't like it.

16. L: I want my lamp back. I'm gonna need it to get out of this slimy mudhole.
Y: Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is!

17. The last ever dolphin message was misinterpreted as a suprisingly sophisticated attempt at doing a double backflip through a hoop while whistling the star-spangled banner but in fact the message was this: So long and thanks for all the fish.

18. Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it.

19. [saying her bed time prayers] I forgot the other boy. Oh, what's his name. Oh, well, God bless What's-his-name

20. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

6 Comments:

Blogger theansellfamily said...

Oh this is fun! I think I know some of them!

1) Goonies?
8) Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
9) Father of the Bride
10) Hook?
15) Get Smart
16) Starwars: The Empire Strikes Back
17) Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Bobby Lou Cash said...

Yes, good job Team Ansell.
Mary

9:06 AM  
Blogger Jesse said...

14. N.D. - can't believe I knew that one. I feel like you have a Narnia one in there too but I forget the number now...? Coxes

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ian and Sally said...

Good list! There are a number that I can't pin down. I got all of the ones that the Ansells listed, and here are a few more (I think...):

5) Royal Tenenbaums (sp?...can't remember)
12) Hero
20) Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (sp? again...)

7, 17, and 19 sound really familiar, but I can't place them.

Happy New Year!!!

-ian

9:17 AM  
Blogger Ian and Sally said...

Oh, and one of those has to be from Rushmore, right??

-ian

9:19 AM  
Blogger Brice said...

All of my favorite quotes are from old stag films. I mean REALLY old stag films...pre-talkies mostly starring Fatty Arbuckle and his gang of miscreants. I'm sure you can appreciate why I can't list any of them.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home